The Money Shot: how would you spend it?

In a week wherever the majority the news was terrible, there was one nice story to feel cheerful regarding.
David and Carol Martin were the winners of half the record £66m National Lottery jackpot, and by all accounts they appear sort of a pretty couple.

Speaking to the BBC, the couple - each fifty four - secure to seem into serving to their village of Hawick within the Scottish Borders, that has been badly tormented by flooding recently.

The couple spoke regarding feeling overpowered by their win, and that we cannot blame them - what number people would understand what to try to to with £33m?

We asked our writers what dreams they might place into reality with their theoretic windfall.

Derri Dunn, aspiring zoo-keeper

I'd have to be compelled to pay it on a serious enlargement of the Animal House into a full-on nature reserve.

I think £33m would in all probability get most of the rugged piece of ground of larger metropolis, however what to place there?

Herds of ex-battery chickens roaming the hillsides and beaches could be a given, however maybe I may combine it up with one thing a lot of exotic, sort of a pack of rodent, or some duckbill platypuses roaming the estuaries.

Sean Davies, he of lustrous locks

With a cool £33m burning a hole in my pocket there'd be little doubt regarding my 1st stop… straight over to the swankiest Malibu Follicles4U clinic to 'get a Rooney'. I mean, why the hell not? A luscious new set of locks ne'er did any damage to Shane Warne, Mel Gibson, John Travolta or a number of alternative new-age, metrosexual men like myself.

Then, with my improved mullet flowing fantastically within the wind, i might blast the DB5 convertible across to tricky Stallone's pad to sign him up for the lead role in my vanity-project pic, the Last King of Wales.

I'd squander the remainder on high-yielding investment bonds and peer-to-peer investments.

Kristian Dando, Calfzilla

I'd open my very own pro-wrestling themed bar and eatery, as a result of nobody's ever lost cash on professional wrestling or the licence trade.

Emily Bater, eccentric-in-training

I'd like to open my very own refined bookshop/vintage homeware look in an exceedingly very little village within the middle of Wales, wherever I may become associate degree eccentric native. i might get an outsized country pile near  that I may fill with dogs of assorted breeds, WHO would ramble my hundred-or-so acres.

Apart from finance in my eccentricities, i might additionally get myself many homes across the world - a flat loft in borough, a housing in Paris and a beach-side, outside escape on a tropical island.

The rest i might waste on high fashion fashion, that i might wear whereas serving villagers in my look.

Abbie Laughton-Coles, archosaur utterer

If I were to win the lottery to the tune of £33m there is only 1 factor i'd do - bring period Park to life.

I'd come out little with a dodo, to iron out all the creases, then get weaving on the massive boys, i am talking Stegosauruses, T-Rexs and Allosauruses.

Once I had enough of the brutes i'd rule the globe with my archosaur army… therefore fingers crossed for following change.

What would you pay £33m on? Tell America on Facebook and Twitter.
News briefly

BT's takeover of transportable network engineering science was cleared by the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA), combining the UK's biggest fixed-line business with the most important mobile telecoms business.

Family debt has up to a median of £13,520, in line with insurance firm Aviva.

Two former Co-op bank executives were prohibited from holding senior banking positions by the Bank of European country following 'breaches' in their running of the bank.
On lined magazine on

Our new money agony uncle Dr Moore-Money gave his honest answers to your comparison woes.

What huge trends do motorcylcists have to be compelled to forestall to in 2016?

Are little businesses being forced out of the pop-up look market by massive corporations?

We gave tips to tenants on the way to keep their property owner happy.

Daniel Bevis drove Vauxhall's Adam sweep around Wimpole Estate.
Money Shot Letter,

Dear Sir,

I was unhappy to scan your shooting down of Gregorian calendar month fitness crazes.

As a private trainer and athletic facility owner, i am committed to the fitness life twenty four hours every day, seven days per week, 12 months of the year and i am aghast by the insinuation that fitness is not always, only for Gregorian calendar month.

While it's true that my spandex-clad coffers get a lift throughout the primary month of the year, I feel i am doing a public service by taking people's cash and shouting meaningless  slogans at them whereas they sweat copiously reciprocally.

I'd like to provide you with a free coaching session at my crossfit athletic facility Ripped four Life, therefore you can also conclude however nice it's to affix the work Fam.